help!

i just finished reading the help - the amazing best seller by kathryn stockett. and i looooved it.
but quick, before i lose my reclaimed love for reading i need a new book suggestion!
help me, please! i need you all and your literary guidance...

Anonymous –   – (April 29, 2010 at 8:44 AM)  

I just finished The Friday Night Knitting Club and I have Firefly Lane next to my bed, but have not started it yet...Enjoy! Gretchen

CerebralSybarite  – (April 29, 2010 at 9:53 AM)  

Have you started the trilogy by recently deceased Swedish author Stieg Larsson, starting with "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"? Sooooo good - I just finished "The Girl Who Played with Fire" and am waiting for the 3rd volume to be released in the US in May.

By the way, IF you read Dragon tattoo, the Swedish film will be showed at the Hopkins Center at Dartmouth College in Hanover, on May 26th.

:o)

Susan  – (April 29, 2010 at 9:54 AM)  

I loved The Help too, currently reading Sarah's Key and also love The Guernsey Potato Peel Pie Literary Society--excellent!

a whole lotta love  – (April 29, 2010 at 10:11 AM)  

I just picked up "The Happiness Project" yesterday.. and am really liking it. Also, I'm reading a book called "Rapt", about focusing attention and this is also very good. Both of these are non-fiction though. I just joined 'Good Reads' recently. Thats a great place to find good book ideas.

Lindsey  – (April 29, 2010 at 10:46 AM)  

Some of My favorites from over the years are:
The bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
The Things they Carried by Tim O'Brien
The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
My next Book will be The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls.

Good Luck!

kate  – (April 29, 2010 at 12:35 PM)  

you guys are the best! quite the summer reading list i have to look forward to. thank you!

keep the suggestions coming - i would love to start a virtual book club...are you guys in?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP