floating pumpkins.

it would be the understatment of the year to say that vermont "got some rain" last week. the truth is the rain started on monday and didn't end until friday evening (just in time for the weekend - well done) so we welcomed the first weekend of fall a little bit waterlogged. there were road closures, raging rivers, and a pumpkin patch or two sent underwater. so, while my heart breaks a little bit for the farmers who lost their crops and the jack-o-lanterns that could have been - it made for quite the scene on the connecticut river over the weekend. nothing like floating pumpkins to welcome october...
so in honor of all the fallen pumpkins, let's do our part to enjoy their month and all the wonder that it brings to this little part of the world. starting perhaps by hitting up the pumpkin regatta coming up in burlington this saturday! floating pumpkins are all the rage this year.

michelle  – (October 4, 2010 at 9:52 PM)  

That is really sad. About the pumpkin patches. But, I love the regatta.Maine has a pumpkin regatta, too -- a week long pumpkin festival. Wrote about going to it on my October Planner! Gotta love the pumpkins.

a whole lotta love  – (October 5, 2010 at 5:42 PM)  

My mom was just telling me about this last night! Craziness. When she said this I remembered about the pumpkin regatta.. I didn't know that this is what it was called, but I thought I had read about this one time and I was trying to remember where it was. Now I know its it Burlington! And I guess in Maine too. Maybe they are all over. So fun. We have a huge pumpkin festival close by.. but no floating pumpkins! I'll have to come see this some day.

Super Burbs  – (October 6, 2010 at 2:08 PM)  

Floating pumpkins? I need to see this. I love how VT is so creative with their activities :)

Lady Grey  – (October 6, 2010 at 10:09 PM)  

Poor little pumpkins! Although floating jack-o-lanterns would look lovely, no?!
oxo

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP