life is weird: one year later


wow. i realized yesterday that my blog-iversary came and went without much notice (exactly how it should have been) but, to honor the occassion, i spent a little time wandering through the archives and came across my first ever blog post. and i have to say, it was by far the best discovery of the day. and it reminded me that sometimes it's important to look back, as it often surprising how the more things change, the more they stay the same, and that alone can be a very good thing.
* * * * *

life is weird. i've been saying that a lot lately. perhaps TOO much. so much so that my friend finally asked me recently, "kate, what the heck do you mean by that? what is so weird about your life?"so i got to thinking, and thinking and thinking......and then it came to me.
halleluah! i figured it out!!

i was in love. i moved to vermont and fell in love. (and yes, in that order) i'll say it again. i love vermont. and it's not like a "kindasortamaybe, it'll do for now till something better comes along" kind of love, but real, deep, meaningful love. the kind of love that makes everything more beautiful and exciting - the snow sparkles, the farmers market vegetables taste better, the moon is bigger and more brilliant than ever before and the air is the coldest i have ever felt (wait...where am i??)so, that's it. i have fallen in love with the state of vermont and all that it has to offer and all that it has taught me.
* * * * *
bottom line: i am still in love, just finding it all a little less weird (-:

Lady Grey  – (February 4, 2011 at 7:52 AM)  

This is very sweet. It's wonderful to be so happy with where you live

Happy blog birthday!
oxo

Anonymous –   – (February 4, 2011 at 6:51 PM)  

Hi, i really like your blog. I need your visit in my blog please!

http://www.poaaovivo.blogspot.com

angie  – (February 7, 2011 at 1:40 PM)  

Such lovely sentiment I fell in love with Vermont 14 years ago, then fell in love with my husband there! (he's from Norwich, but we met in the Burlington area). We are in coastal Maine now which is breath taking, but I long for those green mountains and hope to move back some day.

Anonymous –   – (February 23, 2011 at 3:59 PM)  

Happy Belated Blog Anniversary!!! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP